Sunday, August 24, 2008

9

Today our long run was 9 miles- Jon went and mapped out our route last night after the party. I think the only thing that I can say about the run is that 9 miles is long in the car (esp. in traffic times around the city in Elk Grove), and it's even longer on foot. But we did it! I walked at the lights, and up part of one large hill and trekked through the rest. Next Sunday, I am running the 8.7 miles to Matt and Kristi's house, where Kristi offered to cook us breakfast and put our sorry behinds into the car and take us back. Don't think I will forget that one! Our upcoming week is two five mile runs, and 9 again on Sunday. Thanks for all of you that continue to keep us motivated! Just over a month to go.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the long run! Keep it up and you'll be at 26.2 in no time! I like your idea of doing 8.x and then having a ride home apres - it can open up a lot of different geography when you don't need to always loop back.

Stay strong - sorry to hear about the washer, too.

_Ross