Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We did it!




Thanks to all for your encouragement and well wishes- we finished the half marathon! Sunday was a blast... so much more thrilling than we thought that it would be. Seeing 4,000 runners in one place is quite the sight to see. There were lots of people out on the street, cheering the runners on. I actually was running next to a man for a while who was about to complete marathon #100. He had run marathons in 41 of the United States. By my mile 11, the marathoners were running past me at thier mile 24! It was amazing to see them run. Jon finished before I did and saw more of the full marathoners run to the finish line. They are simply machines....


So, will we do it again?? The answer..........YES! We were both so proud of ourselves, even though we are still paying physically for it.


My husband is too proud to say it, but he finished 40 in his age group! He was in the top half of finishers. How cool is that?


2 comments:

Mr. P said...

You guys are awesome. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING! INSPIRING! I am so proud of you two!!!