Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Raindrops Keep Falling

Why is it that I lived in New York for 22 years of my life, but have spent 7 years in California and I am cold when it's 50 degrees outside? This rain is killing me! We can't go outside, my students go crazy, and I find myself longing for the 100 degree heat of the summer that we start complaining about as soon as it starts. Don't get me wrong- I do not miss the snow AT ALL (sorry all you New Yorkers and Montana folk), and I know I shouldn't complain about rain... I just miss the sun.
On a different note, I am home today with the kiddos, and thought it might be fun to try and break Sam of his pacificer and swaddling habits. I don't know what I was thinking. Sam sleeps all night long being swaddled, but continues to get out of it around 4 am these past few weeks. Being the expert swaddler I am, I go back in his room and wrap in back up, and give him the pacifier so he can settle back to sleep. For whatever reason, the sweet little boy never needs a pacifier when he goes to sleep for the night. Strange, huh? As always, it works like a charm and he goes back to sleep until 7 am. I guess I have been annoyed with getting up to rewrap the little burrito, and wanted to see what would happen if I didn't do it. Well- he cries and cries and cries. I did it for two naps today, and he went down fine with pacificer in his mouth but freaked out when it fell out. He just kept crying! Bless all of you that had to listen to your kids cry it out at night. It just kills your nerves. He's so exhausted that I didn't do it again, and he's sleeping now. Wrapped up tight, paci in his mouth. Tomorrow's another day, I guess. (and Jon's home with them!)

No comments: