Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Cost of Life

Our weekend was a fun, busy, and expensive one. I felt so frustrated by the cost of things this weekend, mostly gas. We spent $72 to fill up the Kia, and $40 to fill up the Civic. It just seems criminal that we pay this much money to drive out cars. I told Jon that when gas hits $4 a gallon we aren't driving anywhere! This is just crazy. After spending the money to fill up the cars, we then move into spending money at the following places: Costco, Trader Joe's, Safeway, Stride Right (shoes for her) and Target. I pride myself on how we shop (always buying things on sale) and we very rarely purchase frivolous things. It's amazing to me how much one can spend on food, diapers for two, and just small household items. The gas and the food are just killing us! It really upsets me that people have to work so hard just to provide their families with basic necessities. So... in answer to those of you that asked about the weekend, there you go! I know so many of you understand where we are coming from. Hope you all had a great and CHEAP weekend.

No comments: