Thursday, April 10, 2008

Education

It's official! We are a California Distinguished school! Here's a link to the article if you'd like to read about it: http://www.cde.ca.gov/nr/ne/yr08/yr08rel45.asp. You can click on the link to see what schools received the honor.

On a lower note, the budget crisis is starting to hit home as our district prepares to make cuts. Our dear friend Lani just let me know that she is being placed on an involuntary transfer list and will be moved from the site that she loves next year, due to her seniority (or lack thereof). I feel so horrible that she has to go through this process. I still feel the pain of when it happened to me three years ago, and know how upsetting it is. I know that she is very grateful to still have a job in this crazy time, but it doesn't take away how much it hurts to leave a school site where you have a great team. I feel very lucky to have a job, but wonder constantly about this field of work in all of these uncertain times.

No comments: