Monday, June 16, 2008

Part Two

I seem to be doing this post in several different stages whenever I have a free moment. What I didn't get to say yesterday was Happy Father's Day to all those dads/daddies out there! This year was Jon's first Father's Day with two kids. Lucky for him, we were in one of the prettiest spots for the first part of the day. It's been amazing to watch Jon grow into being a Daddy. He puts me to shame some days. Payton has turned into such a Daddy's girl- wherever he is, she wants to be. I've come to the conclusion that the kids and I love Daddy so much because of these top reasons:
1. Jon never, ever refuses to play.
2. He can make them smile just by making silly noises.
3. He knows how to give the best piggyback and airplane rides, and shoulder lifts.
4. He knows how to sing. And dance.
5. Daddy gives the best hugs, reads the best stories, and likes to go to the park.

As my husband, Jon's an amazing father because:
1. He changes just as many dirty diapers, gives as many bottles, wipes up spit-up the same amount (if not more!) as me.
2. Jon's not afraid to make mistakes, or to question parenting techniques. Jon always wants to be better, to do more.
3. He's there for every doctor's appointment, every illness, EVERYTHING.
4. He gives me time to myself without any questions.
5. Every day, he makes me laugh and makes this very tough job much easier.

Happy Father's Day! I love you, husband!

No comments: