Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Friday!

Thank Goodness-it's been quite a week! I've been so busy and consumed with the new position, and worrying about Payton's transition to day care that I haven't even had time to think.

In a nutshell, Payton had a breakdown the first day we dropped her off. I didn't expect that, given her very positive experience last week during our "trial" run. It was awful. Screaming, crying, clinging... it looked like something that you would see on Super Nanny. (Kristi, I just kept keeping your Abe story about his transition into new day care in my head). Not the best way to start off your second day of work. Today, however, was much better. No tears, no fussing.. in fact, she was walking around like she owned the place. Sam was just all smiles as usual. When I picked her up today, she was "studying" things with a magnifying glass and didn't want to leave. Hmm.....

The rest of my week was busy and fun. I was a part of interviewing for Instructional Assistants, and got my little cubicle set up yesterday at our main district office. Today I went to my old school to work with the person who took over my place, went to one of my first schools and had lunch with the team and headed off to my second school where I have another tiny office. I really enjoyed the variety of today, and getting a feel for the different climate of the schools... they are VERY different. I think I am going to like it!

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: