Friday, February 29, 2008

It's March 1st!

Happy Sixth Month birthday, Sam! It's hard to believe that you have been with us for half a year, an we can't imagine what we would do without you. What a difference sixth months makes!

Nothing too much going on in our household this week. However, I have stopped nursing and am dealing with that emotionally, and more painfully physically. I am not quite sure what happpened, as everything happened so quickly. What started out as a blocked duct turned into an even more blocked duct... and Sam couldn't eat. He didn't even want to try. When that boy is hungry, he's HUNGRY. After talking at great lengths with my sister in law (a RN and lactation counselor) and a lactation counselor I worked with in the beginning, I decided to stop. I know this offers me a new freedom, but I wasn't completely ready and wanted this to be on my own terms. I feel like as Mom, I wanted to do everything for Sam that I could to get him off to a good start, and I was dissapointed that this happened so fast. Big sigh.

I am off to work for a busy day! Our school is nominated for California Distinguished Schools, and we have our site visit on Tuesday. It's a HUGE deal so keep your fingers crossed for us.

Happy Friday!

No comments: